Little Printer Lives! On Nord.
Nord Projects is hosting Little Printer's backend server and made an iOS app to easily send drawings, images or text to it. Here are the instructions I followed to make it work.
⚠️ NB: This relies on the bridge having been rooted already.
A. Update the bridge
- Find Berg Cloud Bride on network using bonjour [^1]
- Go to the Cloud in a web browser e.g.
- On the "Bridge configuration" page, paste this into the "Server URL" box:
- Press "Submit"
- You should see "Endpoint updated" and a progress bar…
- After a while (~10 mins) the "Bridge configuration" page will show again
B. Reset the Little Printer
- Make sure it's plugged in and powered on
- Pull off the metal front
- Take out the paper
- Use a paperclip to press the reset button through the tiny hole inside, right at the back
- The reset button will click
- Reassemble it all again
- After a while, the light on top should flash white
C. Claim the printer
- Press the black button next to the white flashing light on the Little Printer
- Little Printer will print out a "Hello, you're almost there! … Your registration code is: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"
- Visit http://littleprinter.nordprojects.co/
- Click "Claim a printer"
- Enter the registration code from the print out in "Claim code" box
- Make up a name for your printer in the "Name your printer" box
- Press "Claim printer"
- A "My Printers" list should appear with your printer's name on it
- Click your printer's name
- Click "Send test message"
- Type a message in the box
- Click "Print now"
- Your message should print!
[^1]: On macOS Mojave, you can use this terminal command:
dns-sd -B _ssh._tcp .
The output looks like this:
$ dns-sd -B _ssh._tcp . Browsing for _ssh._tcp DATE: ---Wed 06 Mar 2019--- 17:52:12.195 ...STARTING... Timestamp A/R Flags if Domain Service Type Instance Name 17:52:12.195 Add 3 5 local. _ssh._tcp. berg-cloud-bridge-p9tsmut7r 17:52:12.195 Add 3 5 local. _ssh._tcp. fa26d7c 17:52:12.195 Add 3 5 local. _ssh._tcp. fff411b 17:52:12.196 Add 3 10 local. _ssh._tcp. andrewn-mbp 17:52:12.196 Add 2 5 local. _ssh._tcp. andrewn-mbp
berg-cloud-bridge-p9tsmut7r.local is what you want