2014 was a strange year. I have a tendency to focus on what's ahead and the things that I haven't done, rather than reflect on the odd, unexpected and amazing things that happen. By taking a step back and listing them, it might show what I should do more or less of.
Talking and eventing
- Prototyped a physical UI for the [Radiodan radio]() and some of the very talented experts in R&D designed a PCB for it which we got fabricated in small numbers. My first taste of manufacturing.
- Spent a couple of days hacking on some creative ideas with two lovely sound artists Yann and Daniel.
- Small steps to be more exploratory when starting projects, heavily influenced by BERG and this excellent Houde and Hill paper. Doing some video-based desk research of existing technologies and interactions, creating small technical prototypes to explore libraries and technologies and using video to describe what we made.
- Hired Victor, a freelance product designer to make an open source case design for the radio. One that we could laser cut ourselves!
- Visited California and took a bit of holiday. Yosemite is stunning.
- Visited Copenhagen for my 32nd birthday where everything and everyone is good looking and tasteful it seems. Fell in love with Hay.